N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

AUTO E15ET ???

General chat related to anything N12.
Sp33dY

AUTO E15ET ???

Post by Sp33dY »

Ive done some quick searching, but cant find the info im after.

FRom what ive read in technical sections ... the ET/EXA turbo was only ever sold as a MANUAL? Has ANYONE ever mated it to an Auto from a pulsar, or something else with relative ease?

Is it Doable?
LonerET

Post by LonerET »

i dont accully know...but i was thinking along the same lines...imagine a tricked out auto in an et!!!! should cut a few points of a second off that 1/4 time!! but of course i'm still a firm believer that real drivers drive manual's... :wink: ..... good luck,
josh.
Yeah i bought a FORD!
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/scott/scott.htm

"DON’T WASTE TIME WITH AUTOS! Mine hade bigger Clutches, Bigger Bands, full manual body shift Kit, Stall Converter, B&M Shifter, and it lost all drive within a few days! They have shit ratios and CANNOT withstand the power. May be alright with a standard pulsar or one with limited modifications."
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

The Auto box is a COMPLETE waste of time. They are weaker than the manual boxes and have worse gearing.

The E15ET Never came with an auto option, however some JDM N/A carby Pulsars, Exas, and all Escargo's came with an auto box mated to an E15s engine.

There is a dude in Wellington with an E15ET Escargo. He used the auto box on it and as far as i know it didnt last more than a day or 2.

EDIT: Ah ya beat me 2 it Shane!
Sp33dY

Post by Sp33dY »

The proposed car that the engine will be going into is an auto ... and finding a pedal set and the other necessary bits to convert to manual would prove to be very hard, as the car was never sold locally and currently has a 1.0L motor in it that wont pass compliance in australia.

Im thinking that a carby n12 slushbox into it to get it complianced and on the road might be the only way to go, then maybe look at a ca18 auto or something and worry about efi/fuel transplant then.

I knew there was a reason there's no auto E15ET's around *sigh*.

Thanks ;) U've given me the info i think i needed to know.
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

my car was auto from factory and turbo it all matches up it has turbo interior and it was completly factory when i got it and it had a blown auto trans it all looked factory it didnt even have a hole for cluch pedal or nething the vin plate sez it comes with e15et factory :S
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

The giveaway is the fact that it was blown.. pretty sure they never released with an auto, and yours was retrofitted but couldnt handle the torque anyway.
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

plate shows whether its auto or manual dont it
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

tha plate only sez hn12 and e15et and we did have to cut a plate out to get the clutch peddel in :S
EXA_LENT

auto trans.

Post by EXA_LENT »

Was in a wrecker the other day and guy made a point of showing me one. still attached to motor (e15et)
Bloke said it was a jap import and there was plenty over there but all the ones from Australia are manuals. (so he said anyway)
WACKO

Post by WACKO »

photoglossy wrote:The Auto box is a COMPLETE waste of time. They are weaker than the manual boxes and have worse gearing.

The E15ET Never came with an auto option, however some JDM N/A carby Pulsars, Exas, and all Escargo's came with an auto box mated to an E15s engine.

There is a dude in Wellington with an E15ET Escargo. He used the auto box on it and as far as i know it didnt last more than a day or 2.

EDIT: Ah ya beat me 2 it Shane!
i heard he blew the auto on the dyno. but mustve driven it on the rd first. your talking bout the pink jap performance one aye?
ShaolinStreet

Post by ShaolinStreet »

I'm qurious about this , i wanna run mine with an e15 tranny but was wonder if the promblems with running auto tranny is caused by increased boost? in other words if i run stock should there be a problem?

p.s. btw I'm new here and i dont drive a pulsar but a b11 sunny and im putting in an e15t motor this week ....
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

i dont think the question should be "If you can do it" but more along the lines of "Why you would do it"
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Im puttin money on E15 auto transmission not handling a stock E15et for too long
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
ShaolinStreet

Post by ShaolinStreet »

wud have just been nice to have the comfort of tranny drivin in traffic eatin fries and a burger lol and still have the power of an e15t under the hood