N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

My Turbo Dilema -- Please read and Post!!

General chat related to anything N12.
angel

Post by angel »

Timmzy wrote:Panda - Ha yes Well I 'had' everything sorted. But I can't do any suspension testing without a turbo!

Paul - You have hit the nail on the head there. Its a custom drain with a small restriction on it because of the angle. I am not happy with it, so that will be fixed. I was only saying that I have bought 2nd hand turbo's in the past and never had success. I won't do that again.
i not what you saying, i have bought a few 2nd hand turbo's now, and had nothing but problems with them. they look good, but soon after you find there a oil leak or stuffed blades etc. in a few weeks i will be buying a new GT28, no more stuffing around with shitty 2nd hand turbo's.

also try ring adelaide turbo service i heard that they are pretty good.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Well I did some shopping around and basically can get a standard re-build with a steel wheel for $1100. This use my compressor wheel and housing, a new garret BB core with a steel exhaust wheel. Then using my exhaust housing machined to suit.

This was the cheapest quote I could find, from a turbo place in Dandenong called ATP or ATS?

Anyway, I think at this stage its my best option.

Darren.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

ATS has a good rep only heard good things about them :)