N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Bens handling the big issues.. N12 Coilovers (56k + drool)

General chat related to anything N12.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Here is the comparison of the stock sway bar and the whiteline one.
Notice how much longer the lever arm is on the whiteline one.

Callumgw

Rear Suspension

Post by Callumgw »

We've had similar discussions to these before. There has been at least one man successfully converter his rear to coil-overs. He described the cost as 'quite a bit'. Thats Bjorn from HOtWok racing.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Well i ran into problems.. the whiteline bar wasn't going to fit.. so i've decided to run a pair of stock ET bars instead and make my own brackets..

for some reason i couldn't find a place to mount the forward mounts on it.. plus the bar was 760mm long...!!! its meant to be 630 or 450... stupid stuff.. i'm not sure if hte ET and EXA are exactly the same, but i just couldn't make it fit...

My new front is pretty good though.. mmm.. ultra stiffness...

BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

man i could of told u that bar was gongi to be to long. just buy lookngi at it . i dunno wat whiteline were thinking lol.

i still wanna c how u gonna get to rear bars in the arse end. there might be room ni a exa but ill be fuked if there is room in a et for it
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

it mounts up like this.

Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Cheers for the Pic shane. but i dont have that hole on my car and as i said to Whiteline, "if i have to drill or cut anything, i dont want it.".. to which they said.. "yes this is the bar for you"....

so i took it back. cause they were wrong...

i'm making a bracket for a pair of stock ET bars tonight.. should be good. the bottom one mounts 25mm lower and back of the original one. i reckon i'll get them powdercoated as well.. mm... bling.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

this is what its meant to look like.

BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

shane is it just me or does that sway bar go under ya zorst. wat brand is that one
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

hahaha ben y dont u just keep putting on rear sway bars untill u get it stiff enough. how sik would 3 or 4 look haha. need 2 at the front like the rx3s did lol
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

my rear one is a whiteline one, it used to be that blue colour but was all faded and crappy so i painted them king spring yellow ages ago. Yea it does go under the exhaust, i dunno how it was when i bought it, when i took it off and put it back on again i might have put it on upside-down i dont know haha. But its fine this way, thats weird how on the pic you put up ben how it was mounted to the trailing arm bolt. i assume the previous owner of myn drilled a hole in the chassis rail on myn.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

My datto had twin stockers front and back...

Yeah i see the pic, and i reckon your right shane. maybe prev. owner drilled it out.. i was thinking about it, but didn't want to upset the chassis.. just yet... b-pillar brace will.. but that will happen later..

Boostdet, yeah.. i wont stop till i get the stiffness i require.. i need to so much to even get close to the front end performance.. Darn Shane at CMS has made it harder by making such good coilovers.. makes the reast of my setup lacking completely.. lol.... makes me work harder.
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

Ben Hewitson wrote:My datto had twin stockers front and back...

Yeah i see the pic, and i reckon your right shane. maybe prev. owner drilled it out.. i was thinking about it, but didn't want to upset the chassis.. just yet... b-pillar brace will.. but that will happen later..

Boostdet, yeah.. i wont stop till i get the stiffness i require.. i need to so much to even get close to the front end performance.. Darn Shane at CMS has made it harder by making such good coilovers.. makes the reast of my setup lacking completely.. lol.... makes me work harder.
damn i might have to get a set of these coil overs soon. u rate them high.

yer i still gotta work out that b piller brace. jsut cant get one pice right. but i got the cage now so i prob font need one.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Ben Hewitson wrote:Darn Shane at CMS has made it harder by making such good coilovers.. makes the reast of my setup lacking completely.. lol.... makes me work harder.

ohh i try :wink:
Wes

Post by Wes »

I have Kmac front springs all round, 45mm lowered and the rear of any of the pulsars ive put the set into has NEVER EVERRRR had a problem with the rear end for body roll. It just doesnt happen! And thats with Monroe GT Gas shocks too. The front was always a problem for me, always floatier than i wanted it to be, that was teh same with front kmacs and front kings springs (whilst leaving the kmacs in the rear in both cases)

That was all till i got my Koni Adjustables recently mmmmm perfect.
I dont like hell stiff suspension and jarring my back when i run over grains of sand when travelling in a straight line

I like it smooth when not corner, and for it to do what theyre designed to do WHEN cornering. Koni's are simply perfect for this happy middle ground. Plus, if im doing a track day, i'll just make em all rock solid. Ive been in Gary's ET and his MUST be set of the hardest setting coz that thing has absolutely STOCK ET springs, stock swaybars but that thing feels like it has no shock absorbers WHAT-SO-EVER. Its so painfully stiff, but can hammer round corners. You would never pick it would be like that considering it sits at standard road hieght :P

So thats someting good for me to look forward too for track days.
I also have the Kmac front swaybar and a strut bar too.
Very nicely setup :)
boost_truck_racer

Double rear bars

Post by boost_truck_racer »

hey guys i did that double rear sway bar thing and it didnt really solve any of the roll issue that my et has
i have also removed the soft ride part of the coil spring.
the next step is to find some eextemly heavy duty stockly for the rear.