N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Injector pulse

General chat related to anything N12.
darky

Injector pulse

Post by darky »

Hi, Is there any way that i can incress the pulse to the standard injectors, a chip for the computer or injector line??
MRN12

Post by MRN12 »

I don't think you can chip these computers but why would you want increase the pulse width? Wouldn't it be easier to put in bigger injectors and an aftermarket computer if the budget stretches??? Mind you, I've run a decent time on the standard computer and injectors :lol: .

Cameron
13.45@101mph
Currently No.12 E15ET Top Ten
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

there was a Gold chip for them but at $900 it was cheaper to buy aftermarket ecu
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

You might want to have a look at the Jaycar kits. There is a kit that allows you to do just what you want.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ummm this is fair to say relative to the opoening of the AFM flap.

You need to know that the AFM ceases to be part of the ECU fuelling scheme on wide open throttle above approximately 2700rmp.

So great, you can alter things in the everyday driving range.

You can also achieve similar resulkts by altering the AFM flap srping tension and the relative position if the wiper arm to the resistive circuit board inside the AFM. Once again, wonderful if you wish to play with everyday fuelling.

The only way to alter the injector dwells at WOT is to attempt to introduce different resistances into the water temp sensor curcuit and fool the ECU into thinking the engine is colde than it really is and fuel it up as if cold.

You can mess with rising rate fuel pressure regulators along with the AFM adjustments to get a driveable fuel curve.

You can attempt to predict how much extra fuel you need and fit some slightly bigger injectors and fri9g with the AFM to lean off down low.

Bottom line is our systems are very agricultural and not very tweakable and the best you will achieve is a compromise.

All of these strategies has been tried before with varying levels of success but the bottom line is that you cannot "polish a turd". And that turd in question is our very old fashioned and unsophisticated MAF EFI system.

My 2 bobs, leave it stock, be patient, save you pennies and buy a second hand programmeable ECU and then knock yourself out.
You can have an MT-8 Microtech for between 450 and 500 bucks off Ebay.

A whole lot cheaper and less messy than RR regs, HP fuel pumps, bigger injectors and all the associated blah that goes with frigging with them or at worst, a lunched engine coz you made a silly mistake when adjusting!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.