N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

More questions :) ( I am Mr annoying)

General chat related to anything N12.
puffypuss

More questions :) ( I am Mr annoying)

Post by puffypuss »

Hi people!

Ok story so far:

I have ordered a GT28RS turbo for my baby and a V3 megasquit ecu with spark kit ive also got a manderel bent manifold for a sr20 which is having the flange changed as I type.

Next on my "ask N12" list is Pistons and injectors:

Can anybody recomend any pistons cos i really dont know where to go (I know how to fit all this I just dont know what I need!). Forged ? Non-forged?? Does anyone know of a site in australia who would export some? (I have actually started pulling my hair out cos in the uk no-one can help me!!!!)

Next:

Injectors. Is there any bigger ones I can fit onto the stock inlet manifolod?

Thank you in advance.
I want to move to Australia!!!
cherryturbojames

Post by cherryturbojames »

grab northener on zxoc before he dissapears over to oz as hes moving there he ordered some from oz to the uk and i think it was cheaper than buying new nissan ones , what are you going to do with the sr20 manifold?? or do you mean down pipe!
angel

Re: More questions :) ( I am Mr annoying)

Post by angel »

puffypuss wrote:Hi people!

Ok story so far:

I have ordered a GT28RS turbo for my baby and a V3 megasquit ecu with spark kit ive also got a manderel bent manifold for a sr20 which is having the flange changed as I type.

Can anybody recomend any pistons cos i really dont know where to go (I know how to fit all this I just dont know what I need!). Forged ? Non-forged?? Does anyone know of a site in australia who would export some? (I have actually started pulling my hair out cos in the uk no-one can help me!!!!)

Next:

Thank you in advance.
well how much power are you wanting to put out, the stock pistons can handle a fucken lot, providing the tune is good. A popular choice are acl pistons which you can by over sized, that what the current no 1 is running, but these are no stonger then stock. www.acl.com.au (i think)

for injectors.

well fj20et are a direct fit, with a hose tail 375cc
CA18det injectors i think are some where from 340 to 380 not sure
GTR injector
Rx7 series 5 injectors fit, 550cc

with the CA and Rx7 injectors you will have to clamp some efi hose on to the end of the injector as they dont have a hose tail fitting
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

you are in the land of the Cosworth, so grab some cosworth blanks. probably locally made and cosworth pistons are renowned for making great gear, not just for the fords..
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Beat me to it Ben.

It mostly depends on how bad you set up, abuse and tune your engine.
If you really intend to rev it past 9000 rpm regularly and feel inclined to detonate the engine regularly by overboosting it, too much ignition, shite fuel and a whole host of other things then yes, the forged piston is for you.
That way, you will only lunch your big ends bearings, hammer your conrods to bits and blow head gaskets one after anothere but your precious and expensive slugs will live to see another abuse session.

However, if you follow a well trodden path, stick to basics and start at the bottom with your development then a set of ACL Duralites or stock pistons will do you nicely.

Perhaps have a search for Hypatec pistons. These are a high silicon cast piston which should last a long time.

Oh, Ive mentioned this before.
2 of my engines produce in the region of 380 Hp/litre at 13,500 rpm plus.
Guess what, they are cast pistons. These engines run at sustained piston speeds well in excess of their max mean piston speeds (in feet per second for their stroke length, (most ET's will NEVER get even close)) and the pistons just wear out. I have only ever seen on crack and I deserved that.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
puffypuss

Post by puffypuss »

So am i right in thinking that the stock engine will do fine for the moment?

9000 rpm sounds like a silly idea!! I love my baby i'd never take her up there!

Thanks for the info boys ill be posting some pics soon!

(anyone got any big injectors they want to send over ??) :lol:
I want to move to Australia!!!
Jnr_Mafia

Post by Jnr_Mafia »

never could nuke a e15et block

stock bottom end just rebuilt, took 20psi at 9000 maybe higher who knows.. last i heard of it, the guy i sold it to, i hear from a few ppl that it just never stops revving and pulling, it was one of those rare 'freak' motors.. like my n/a rb30 in my silo, cant destroy it aye 250000 + kms, cant be blown.... and oh i have tried many times,
angel

Re: More questions :) ( I am Mr annoying)

Post by angel »

puffypuss wrote:Hi people!

Ok story so far:

Next:

Thank you in advance.
id like to see some pics of that sr20 manifold adapted to the et.
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
n12_15eT

Post by n12_15eT »

Yes i would have to agree that there is nothing wrong with the ACL Duralites. I used these in my old ET, with the stock bottom end fully balanced and it was an awesome motor. Reved to 8000 no problems. For $250 a set i payed, much cheaper than $250 a piston if you went forged!! Cant go wrong.
Formally Known as: al_etya